Friday, April 4, 2014

New Chapter






New Chapter
Last July Donny and I found out some great news...we were pregnant! We talked about trying to get pregnant, but we really didn't plan on it happening right away. It did and we were in a bit of the ..."What have we gotten ourselves into" phase.  We were ecstatic nonetheless.

I was so SICK. I always thought pregnant women were exaggerating a bit. Well so sorry for doubting you ladies! All through August, September and part of October I got what I deserved :).

Right around 13 weeks into my pregnancy we went in on a Friday for a routine appointment and found out there was something abnormal going on. Our doctor couldn't get a good look so she sent us to a high risk doctor to really see what was going on with our baby. Waiting over the weekend was terrible, but I was sure everything was fine. In fact, walking to the door with every bag of groceries I had bough that Saturday my hands were full and I had to drop a couple bags to find my keys (I make it my mission in life to NOT have to make a second trip to my car to unload groceries). As I was looking through my purse I swear it was one of the rare moments I felt like God was sending me a direct message. "Do not fear."

It was easy to believe then that everything would in fact be fine and that I was worrying over nothing. But soon, every glimmer of hope we had for our son would slowly fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment